My background as a French to Polish and Polish to French translator
I have been working as a French to Polish translator since 2004. I continually develop my professional skills to deliver to my clients best quality French to Polish qnd Polish to French translation services.
Translation from French into Polish and from Polish into French.
Freelance French to Polish translator established in Poland, in the city of Gdańsk, since 2005 (sole proprietorship registered as Tłumacz języka francuskiego Monika Szymaniak).
Fields of expertise:
- Editorial and literary translation.
- Legal and administrative translation.
- Business and marketing translation.
- Preparation for the study of law in French, Faculté de droit virtuelle, Université Lyon 3 Jean Moulin (2012-2013).
- Introduction to French and European law, University of Gdańsk, Université Toulouse 1 Capitole (2013).
- Post-graduate studies for candidates for employment in the EU’s institutions, Department of Law and Public Administration, Department of Economics, University of Gdańsk (2007-2008).
- Post-graduate studies in social communication and media culture, Department of Languages and History, University of Gdańsk (2005-2007).
- Post-graduate studies in conference interpreting (A language: Polish, B language: French, C language: Spanish) and post-graduate course in specialised translation from French to Polish and from Polish to French, UNESCO Chair for Translation Studies and Intercultural Communication, Department of Languages, Jagiellonian University (2003-2004).
- Master’s degree in French language, literature and linguistics, Department of Languages and History, University of Gdańsk (1998-2003). Research internship in Canada (Trésor de la langue française au Québec, Université Laval; Centre de recherche en linguistique appliquée, Université de Moncton). Thesis on Quebec French.
- Certificate in business French (Français des affaires 2) of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris, Foreign Languages Institute, University of Gdańsk (2001-2002).
- Konferencja Tłumaczy, Warsaw, 2015.
- The Translation and Localization Conference, Warsaw, 2015.
- Impact of new IT tools on the quality of translation and employment prospects of translators, Gdańsk, 2014.
- The Translation and Localization Conference, Warsaw, 2013.
- Rynek tłumaczeń i lokalizacji w Polsce, Warsaw, 2012.
- The Translation and Localization Conference, Warsaw, 2012.
- Rynek tłumaczeń i lokalizacji w Polsce, Poznań, 2011.
- Rynek tłumaczeń i lokalizacji w Polsce, Cracow, 2010.
- “Translations’ quality assurance”, C&M Localization Center (2013).
- “Note taking for consecutive interpreting”, Joanna Ruszel (2012).
- „Web 2.0 for translators”, Alicia Martorell (2012).
- „Editing and adapting of texts translated into Polish”, Adam Wolański (2009).
- „Language correctness for Polish translators”, Adam Wolański (2009).